Primark, (known as Penneys in the Republic of Ireland) is an Irish clothing, accessories and beauty brand that owns over 350 stores across the world. This fast fashion brand ‘Penneys’ is a household name in Ireland and loved by most women. You simply cannot return from Primark stores empty-handed, that’s the magic of this lovely brand. Their affordable and cheerful fashion fixes are sure to make a space in your vanity. Out of all the seasonal beauty buys from Penneys, I’m sharing today the ones that have become my go-to products.
- P.S. Banana powder– Perfect dupe for the Ben Nye Banana powder, this loose setting powder is my holy grail for ‘baking’ the makeup. Baking is an old drag makeup technique to ensure that the foundation doesn’t budge throughout the day and the concealer lasts. Setting powder eliminates under eye creasing and controls oil. Banana powder is suitable for all skin tones since it can correct pink and red undertones, as well as neutralize any under eye darkness. With its affordable price tag and ability to prolong the wear of makeup, this product becomes easy to be loved by everyone.
Price – €4
- P.S. Eyebrow pencil and powder– I’m obsessed with well-defined brows and always on a hunt for brow products. After using brow pomade from Nyx, I have shifted to this duo for my every day look. The eyebrow pencil comes with a spoolie brush and you get shade options in light, medium and dark. Since I have dark brown hair, I pick the shade ‘dark’ for both eyebrow pencil and powder. The pencil is easy to blend and the powder fills in the gaps perfectly. For starting out makeup and for daily looks, these brow products are fabulous.
Price – €1.50 each
- Duo Glue for lashes– This is by far the best adhesive for sticking false eyelashes that every makeup artist swears by. Primark has also started stocking them for the quality of world’s best selling eyelash adhesive. Some find it a bit pricey for the 7 gm quantity, but I feel it’s definitely worth the money if you want your lashes to actually stick for a longer time. It is gluey in consistency, white in color and dries out clear. The majority of glues that we get along with the false lashes are actually useless and it’s best to invest in quality glue that guarantees to make the lashes stay.
Price – €6
- P.S. Lip Liner pencils- These lip liners are your ticket to the perfect Cupid’s bow. I adore them for their creamy texture, smooth application and decent longevity. Although the shade range is limited but somehow they manage to match the MAC lipsticks perfectly. The nude shade along with hot pink, scarlett and night tide are amongst my favorites. It has a matte effect and I love to use it as a lipstick when I’m going out for my gym or doing groceries.
Price – €1.50
- P.S. Cosmetic Cotton pads– I go through these so quickly that I keep their stocks handy in advance. Cotton balls leave fibers behind so it’s good to use these flat pads instead.These round cosmetic pads are 100% cotton and ideal for makeup removal and facial cleansing. The pads are soft, absorbent, and have decent thickness. I use countless of these cotton pads a month with micellar water/ rose-water for cleansing and toning my skin.
Price – €0.75
You seriously can’t go wrong with Penneys ever! Share your best Primark beauty buys in the comments below.